Your purpose at Monumental is using code to bring our collective strategies, concepts, and one-dimensional designs to life.
On the busiest day, you're diving in and out of multiple Shopify themes, tackling everything from small changes to larger feature builds for retainer clients or requests from prospective clients. Longer term projects include building out entirely new themes from scratch, informing and collaborating with the design team to create a better ecommerce experience for all.
You will eventually own a project's development from start to finish and will be in constant communication with the design team to discuss potential approaches to interactions and animation. You appreciate design and believe that your role impacts design; that anyone involved in creating a digital product is, on some level, a designer.
- Have Shopify experience in a development role (we're not talking a few quick mods to a pre-built Shopify theme).
- Be able to both work within/according to Shopify's recommendations, as well as bend the “rules“.
- Know how to use modern build processes like webpack and gulp.
- Use GitHub in your everyday workflow.
- Be able to balance multiple projects at a time, ensuring quality and timeliness across your tasks.
- Always take initiative to check in with leadership early in order to meet technical requirements.
- Use a Mac, and master it, using shortcuts and time-saving apps to make your life easier.
- Speak and write clearly.
- Have agency or freelance experience in a development role.
- Have a perspective on developing across viewports and prefer a mobile-first approach.
- Can measure up tasks as written against the outcome and assert whether it was done properly (QA).
- Have experience with Shopify SDKs and APIs.
- Are always reassessing your approach to development and offering up ideas on bettering what we do.
- Are willing to go beyond the minimum effort and take ownership over your area of expertise in order to help the company grow.
Our clients are on Shopify. If you aren't deeply familiar with Shopify, this probably isn't the job for you. If you're not quite there but want to be, let's talk.Apply now
Recruiters welcome–with well vetted candidates only, please.
We are looking to build a tight-knit, diverse team. If you feel this post could be rewritten to be more inclusive, please let us know!